Tiger markers

  • Can only purchase from Tiger shops
  • Sells only in sets of three
  • 21 different colors (I believe)

Tiger markers

Tiger’s marker  
Tiger is a Danish shop that you can find in most European countries. They have a lot of very different stuff, mostly very cheap. I was on holiday in Spain where I went to a Tiger store and there the markers were. The Tigers own alcohol based markers. I had heard of them before but there are so many markers out there so I didn't think much about it. Nowadays I need a marker to be quite special for me to be interesting enough to buy them. Tiger’s marker isn´t special at all, but they were so cheap, only three euro for three markers, and they were just in front of me. I could not resist. 

The nibs and the barrel
Tiger markers the fine nib
The markers are alcohol based dual tip (as most markers are) with a chisel nib on one side and a fine nib on the other. The barrel is bulky and look very cheap. They have minimal coding. Only three symbols on the barrel, showing were the chisel nib and the fine nib is and a symbol for Tiger.

Tiger markers the chisel nib















The sets
They sell their markers in set of three in color families. You can buy sets of yellows (and orange), reds (and pinks), violets (and purples), blues, greens, browns and greys (and a black). There doesn't seem to be any skin colors or blenders available. Normally when sets of three are sold they are suppose to be a blending set with a light, a medium and a dark of the same color. There are different values of colors but very different hues. The colors feel quite random. 

The ink
I have a hard time drawing with these markers because they lack so many colors, and colors that are important to me (like skin colors). I have done some drawing though and think the ink is completely ok, but it is hard to say too much about the blending capacity or the quality.

The color system
Tiger’s marker doesn't have names but a two-digit number on the cap.  All greens start with the digit zero, blues with one, grays and blacks with number two, reds and pinks with number three, yellows with number four, purple and violets with number five, and lastly browns with number six. So there actually is a method to the numbers.


Some blending attempt with tiger markers
All colors except for three reds 





Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar